Every once in a while a girl’s night out is exactly what I need and what better way to have a girl’s night than one to benefit the Always Dream Foundation! The proceeds from tickets sales and ten percent of merchant sales went to the foundation to help with our initiative to improve child literacy.
And then of course there was the pampering, fashion show, workshops, personal shopping, food and last but certainly not least, champagne. I was also lucky enough to have a few friends and fellow moms transform into models to help show off the Tsu.ya line (in the first photo from left to right: Michele, Kelly, Cathy, Channing, Monica and me).
The support from friends and the community was great and made for a very special night for the Foundation and Tsu.ya. In the second photo you can see some friends of mine who came out to support the event (from left to right: Michelle, Lori, Elizabeth, Phyllis, Cathy, Jennifer and me). Thank you to everyone who made this night such a blast!
All the best,
Can you believe the official start to the fall season is this Friday? Yes, the autumnal equinox marks the first day of fall each year — when the day and night last about 12 hours each. Cool huh?
Anyways, I thought I’d share a few of my favorite things about autumn in celebration of the start of the new season!
1. With the girls back in school, it’s nice to have more of a consistent routine (as much as I miss them when they’re away at class).
2. Being able to watch the leaves change color every year and the cool crispness that finds its way into the air.
3. Apple season! The girls love Fuji apples and pear apples. If it’s up to me, I love butternut squash anything.
4. The annual trip to the pumpkin patch. We’ve been going since Keara was a baby and Bret and I always manage to snap a photo of them in a sea of orange pumpkins. It’s too cute.
5. Halloween of course! The house is always so hectic around Halloween time. We always end up changing our minds on what costume to wear each year. But somehow we manage to figure it out just in time for the cousins to come over to go trick or treating with our family. It’s looking like the two girls will go as a pirate and Hermione this year.
6. And of course my biggest vice – TV! The new fall season line up looks irresistible with Dancing With the Stars, Grey’s Anatomy, H50, Glee, Smash…. I think I better stop there (thank goodness for DVR).
7. Any other year I would be really psyched for the NHL season to start. It’s no secret I’m a huge Sharks fan! Hopefully this unfortunate lock out comes to an end sooner rather than later.
8. I'm super excited to see how Tsu.ya sales are going and to look into how the success of our launch has benefited the Always Dream Foundation.
9. And last but certainly not least, skating season! Although I’m not “on the ice” anymore, I’ll be hosting a few NBC TV skating specials this year (dissonskating.com). I’m looking forward to seeing all of the young skaters compete in the Grand Prix series leading up to the World Championships.
What’s your favorite thing about fall?
All the best,
I am ecstatic that the Tsu.ya line has finally launched, but it was hard to keep all of the excitement to myself! So I recently had a sit-down tea at Leland Tea in San Francisco with a group of local mommy bloggers here in the bay-area to share a few pieces and of course talk about all-things mom and our important little fans that make it all worth it. The ladies loved the line! Above are a few fun pictures from the event.
All of the inspiring ladies I got to meet with at Leland’s you can find below. I encourage you all to take a look at their blogs for great tips on being a busy (and fashionable) mom as well as plenty of little secrets that may come in handy for a rainy day.
Whitney Moss over at Rookie Moms (@RookieMoms) looked stunning in the jacket from the Slik line! And Lizzie B from LizzieB TV (@LizzieBtv) and Pam from Project Nursery (@ProjectNursery) took a liking to the snap front jacket from the Instinct line.
And last but certainly not least, Yuliya Patsay of She Suggests (@ypatsay) walked in with a smile that was contagious. She looked so happy in the Tsu.ya jackets and I am so glad she was able to make it.
Very much looking forward to the next get together!
Tonight is the night!
I’ve mentioned my anticipation for the release of my clothing line Tsu.ya a few times here on this blog, but tonight at Fashion's Night Out the Tsu.ya line will be officially released! The 18 piece line will be exclusively sold at Lord and Taylor stores (and their online site). I’m hoping women will find Tsu.ya to be functional enough to do a hard workout in, and stylish enough to run around town in after the gym.
Well I am off to Fashion’s Night Out to celebrate the launch and all of this hard work! Don’t forget to register on TsuyaBrand.com to be e-mailed when the line is available to purchase there as well.
Here’s to a great night!
It was a great time last night at Lord and Taylor’s celebration of the 10th anniversary of Project Runway. I got to spend some time with Sarah Hughes and Nick Verreos!
I can’t believe Tsu.ya is launching in 2 days! We have been working tirelessly on the design of each of the 18 pieces in the line to represent the ideal balance of functionality and fashion.
Most of all, the collaboration and process of bringing Tsu.ya to fruition has been quite a learning experience and more fun than I would have ever imagined. Here you can see Miss Jen giving a sneak peek of a Tsu.ya piece! Who else is excited?
The line will be available at Lord & Taylor (in-stores and online at http://www.lordandtaylor.com) on Thursday and don’t forget to register at TsuyaBrand.com to be notified when the line is available to order from our website!